Last Updated: Friday 20th March @ 14.45
In the light of the fast changing nature of the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to reach out to you personally to assure you that we are doing everything we can to adapt to the ever changing circumstances and ensure that our business and yours run as usual. We would also like to say that our thoughts go out to those who have been affected by the virus either directly or indirectly at this challenging time.
We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and suppliers due to the threat of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the importance of limiting the spread of the virus.
We can assure you:
- We have teams operating via a combination of office based and remote working so that our business will continue running as normal. These employees have access to our internal systems and are available on the phone, email and via Microsoft Teams to support you at this challenging time.
- All delivery drivers have been asked to avoid physical contact as much as possible and we request that the driver stays within their vehicle other than providing access to goods to avoid the risk of the spread of the virus.
- Customers will no longer be required to sign for deliveries, our drivers will complete the delivery note on our customers behalf recording the name of who accepted the delivery with the date and the time that the goods were delivered. If required, delivery notes may be emailed and verified with the customer.
- All non-essential business travel has been banned. All external sales engineers and branch managers have the ability to work from home and have implemented Microsoft Teams so that we can hold remote meetings, share documents and be fully accessible to you.
- We have introduced a strict no visitor policy at all our branches with the exception of delivery or collection of goods.
- We have multiple stocking sites in different geographical locations and continue to monitor stock and staff levels at each branch to ensure our customer’s needs are met.
- For information on our current stock levels, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are working closely with our suppliers and logistics partners to ensure on-time deliveries
Employee Remote working
- All branch managers are briefing our branch employees daily to discuss tasks and priorities, this is being done via conference call or on Microsoft Teams
- Our employees will be able to communicate throughout the day via email, calls and Microsoft Teams
- We have scheduled a daily briefing with our senior team to discuss any government updates and/or issues that need to be addressed or prioritised.
Customer and Supplier Communication
- All onsite meetings have been banned unless essential. Face-to-face meetings will be rescheduled or held by video/audio calls via Microsoft Teams.
- We will continue to communicate with our customers and key suppliers via emails, phone calls and Microsoft Teams.
- Our branch telephone numbers continue to stay the same and you will be able to reach our dedicated teams and receive the same service you have come to expect over the years.
We would like to assure you our staff have been made aware of all general precautions that should be taken to help prevent catching and spreading COVID-19 and have been advised to follow the NHS guidelines should they feel that they are experiencing symptoms.
We are very much here to support your business and it is important to work together to understand the impact this issue may cause your business and to understand your requirements for products needed to satisfy your work in progress and longer term orders.
If you would like more information on our procedures, please email us email@example.com or you can contact your local branch.
We thank you for your support and patience at this unprecedented time.